The JennScents® Aromaversity Holistic Aromatherapy Certification will give you the foundational skills and knowledge to use essential oils safely and effectively for you and your family.
Who is this Certification For?
- Anyone who wants to use essential oils in a safe, effective manner
- Those who would like to formulate recipes to address health situations
- Anyone who wants to use aromatherapy for personal care
- Aromatherapy users of all levels
- Those looking for a foundation in holistic aromatherapy, blending, application and safety
Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Benefits
This program provides a well-rounded foundation in aromatherapy for beginners and experienced aromatherapists alike. You’ll have peace of mind knowing how to safely select and use the right herbs and essential oils for different uses. As a certified aromatherapist, you’ll have the knowledge, confidence and credentials to help you care for yourself, your family or anyone in need when health issues come up.
Approved Online Aromatherapy Certification Program
If you’re looking for continuing education courses, the Holistic Aromatherapy Certification is NAHA Certified and NCBTMB & CE Broker approved. It provides 30 CEUs for Licensed Massage Therapists anywhere in the U.S. In Florida, RNs, LPNs, ARPNs, CNAs, Licensed Dietitians, Nutritionists and Nutritional Counselors can also earn 30 CEUs.
- CE Broker Provider #50-5550 (Board of Massage Therapy & Board of Nursing)
- NCBTMB Provider #451338-10
- NAHA Level 1 Approved
The Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program is a 60-hour self-paced, online program that includes two courses: Introduction to Holistic Aromatherapy and Anatomy & Physiology I. These are pre-requisites for both the Professional and the Clinical Aromatherapy Certifications.
The courses cover both ancient and current practices in integrating holistic aromatherapy, as well as blending essential oils and herbs, application methods and safety practices.
In addition, you’ll learn about different body systems and how to understand each one and how it overlaps with others. This program will help you think critically and look beyond symptoms to address the root causes of common health issues. Then, you’ll be able to use that knowledge to formulate recipes to address those situations.
- Foundations & Principles in Aromatherapy
- Introduction to Ancient to Current History
- Materia medica of 25 essential oils
- Materia medica of various carriers & bases
- Production & Quality of Essential Oils & Carriers
- Anatomy & Physiology I – Absorption methods; body systems: gastrointestinal, immune, limbic & olfaction, lymphatic, glandular & endocrine, nervous, muscular-skeletal, integumentary
- Essential oil and carrier interactions on physical, mental and emotional levels
- Basic essential oil chemistry with contraindications of essential oils
- How to create & design an effective blend
- Methods of application and use
- Safety guidelines and contraindications (including dermal, respiratory, internal)
- Online access to courses anytime, anywhere with an internet connection
- Instructional videos for each course
- Periodic quizzes to reinforce concepts learned
- Guidance to help with course assignments and the final exam
- Communication with Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents® Aromaversity founder and lead instructor
— Neil Taffe, NCBTMB, LMT, AMTA
Why Study Aromatherapy with JennScents® Aromaversity?
Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents® Aromaversity Founder and Lead Instructor, created the online aromatherapy school to help others gain the skills and qualifications to achieve their aromatic destinies.
Jennifer began her own aromatherapy journey twenty years ago as she searched for a solution to a personal health crisis. Now, she’s paying it forward by providing hands-on, research-based education for anyone who wants to learn when and how to safely use essential oils.
Our comprehensive programs take a holistic approach that encompasses both the mind and the body. We teach you how to not only address imbalances, but also to build on the things that are working well.
Our approach to aromatherapy training is based on connecting the head, the heart and the gut through what Jennifer refers to as Scentillect, Scenterpretation and Scentuition:
- Scentillect® – The relationship between and the personalities of each essential oil and botanical.
- Scenterpretation – Interpreting what you observe and what someone tells you, and then matching that information up with essential oils and botanicals.
- Scentuition – The ability to intuitively know what and how to blend.
JennScents® Aromaversity Benefits:
- Suitable for everyone – No experience needed
- Start anytime – Enroll online and get immediate access to courses
- Study where you want – Courses are designed to work on tablets and smartphones
- Work at your own pace – Take courses when it fits your schedule
- Hands-on experience – Blending exercises help you practice what you’ve learned
- Mentoring – Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents® Aromaversity founder and lead instructor, provides guidance along the way
How Do I Get Certified?
To earn your Holistic Aromatherapy Certification, you must complete all required course work in the program. A score of 85% or higher is required on all of the assignments and quizzes, as well as the final exam. You’ll have six months to complete all course requirements.
- Online lessons
- 10 Case studies
- Book report
- Blending Assignments with instructor mentoring
- Hands-on blending exercises
- Final exam
— Ali D.
Ready to Get Started?
Signup is fast and you can start immediately!
Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Package
60 Training Hours
30 LMT CEs; 30 FL Nursing CEs
Introduction to Holistic Aromatherapy and
Anatomy & Physiology I Courses
Individual Courses – Pay-As-You-Go
Introduction to Holistic Aromatherapy Course
32 Training Hours
30 LMT CEs; 30 FL Nursing CEs
Anatomy & Physiology I Course Also Required
to Earn Certification
Paypal Payment Plan options available with 0% for 6 months. Details at Checkout.
Meet Jennifer Pressimone, Lead Instructor and JennScents® Founder
Jennifer Pressimone is one of the leading aromatherapists in the world. In addition to a certified aromatherapy educator, Jennifer is also an herbalist, formulator, clinical phyto-aromatherapist, international educator, author, guest speaker and Olfactory Immersion Event Coordinator.
Her passion for aromatherapy and education stems from her own experience. After unsuccessful traditional medical treatments for debilitating Crohn’s disease and colitis, Jennifer needed to find a solution quickly. After extensive research plus insight from medical doctors, holistic doctors, chiropractors and others, she found a solution in essential oils.
Through her study of how the body’s systems interact and how to find the root cause of mental, physical and emotional symptoms, Jennifer developed a new sense of purpose. That led to her opening an aromatherapy business, then an herb shop and then a day spa.
In 2002, Jennifer created JennScents®. In addition to online aromatherapy certifications, the company provides natural health products, virtual custom blending and master essential oil formulations to customers all around the globe.
Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Diplomate in Spiritual PhytoEssencing. She is a Professional Member, Regional Director and Vice-President for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).