With the JennScents® Aromaversity Professional Aromatherapy Certification, you’ll gain the credentials and the skills to safely use essential oils, natural remedies and holistic health practices in your career.
Who is this Certification For?
- Anyone who wants to use aromatherapy to complement other personal care services
- Anyone who wants to share natural remedies and holistic health practices with others
- Those who are interested in starting or expanding a career in aromatherapy
- Massage therapists or anyone who wants to use aromatherapy in a non-clinical business
- Beginner and experienced aromatherapists alike
Professional Aromatherapy Certification Benefits
With this program, you’ll go beyond becoming a trained aromatherapist to gain skills for building a business. If you already have an aromatherapy business and you want to make more precise, meaningful, mind-body and mental health-focused products or develop your business, a certification will help. You can use your knowledge and credentials to enhance the service offerings and grow your massage therapy, reflexology, spa or wellness center business.
As a certified professional aromatherapist, you’ll have a wide variety of other career options, too: Developing and manufacturing products, consulting, blogging, teaching, consulting and more.
Approved Online Aromatherapy Certification Program
The Professional Aromatherapy Certification is NAHA Certified and NCBTMB & CE Broker approved for continuing education. It provides 99 CEUs for Licensed Massage Therapists throughout the United States. In Florida, RNs, LPNs, ARPNs, CNAs, Licensed Dietitians, Nutritionists and Nutritional Counselors can also earn 99 CEUs.
- CE Broker Provider #50-5550 (Board of Massage Therapy & Board of Nursing)
- NCBTMB Provider #451338-10
- NAHA Level 2 Approved
The Professional Aromatherapy Certification Program is a 222-hour self-paced, online training that includes seven courses: Introduction to Holistic Aromatherapy, Anatomy & Physiology I & II, Advanced Holistic Aromatherapy, Personal Care for Holistic Aromatherapy, Holistic Aromatherapy Advanced Blending Techniques and Phyto-Aromatherapy for Gastrointestinal Health.
This program provides the knowledge and credentials you need to safely and confidently use aromatherapy in your career. The courses cover advanced blending, how to use aromatherapy and botanicals for personal care, environmental health, business development and more. You’ll also gain in-depth knowledge about how different body systems interact and overlap.
- Aromatherapy foundations and principles
- History and Modern Development
- Production & Quality of Essential Oils & Carriers
- Essential oil and carrier interactions on physical, mental and emotional levels
- Basic essential oil chemistry with contraindications of essential oils
- Botany and taxonomy
- Advanced properties of essential oils within a professional framework for personal care with women, men, children, pets, environmental
- Methods of extraction & aroma-chemistry
- 35+ Essential oil, carrier & base profiles
- In-depth aromatic safety (including dermal, respiratory & internal use)
- Highly detailed advanced blending techniques and methods of application
- Anatomy & Physiology I – Absorption methods; body systems: gastrointestinal, immune, limbic & olfaction, lymphatic, glandular & endocrine, nervous, muscular-skeletal, integumentary
- Anatomy & Physiology II – Respiratory, hepatic, circulatory, urinary, limbic & brain systems; weight management
- Consultation & client program design
- Business development and ethics
- Phyto-Aromatherapy for Gastrointestinal Imbalances
- Ethics & legalities of practicing aromatherapy
- Online access to courses 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Instructional videos for every course
- Quizzes and homework to reinforce concepts learned
- Guidance on course assignments and the final exam
- Communication with Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents® Aromaversity lead instructor and founder
Why Study Aromatherapy with JennScents® Aromaversity?
Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents® Aromaversity Lead Instructor and Founder, created the online aromatherapy school to help others gain the knowledge, skills and qualifications to achieve their aromatic destinies.
Jennifer’s aromatherapy journey began twenty years ago as she searched for a solution to a personal health crisis. Now, she’s paying it forward by offering hands-on, research-based education for anyone who wants to learn when and how to safely use essential oils in their personal or professional life.
Our comprehensive programs take a holistic approach that encompasses both mind and body. We teach you how to address imbalances as well as how to build on the things that are working well.
Our aromatherapy training approach is based on connecting the head, the heart and the gut through what Jennifer refers to as Scentillect, Scenterpretation and Scentuition:
- Scentillect® – Understanding the relationship between and the personalities of different essential oils and botanicals.
- Scenterpretation – Interpreting what you observe and what someone tells you, and then matching that information with the appropriate essential oils and botanicals.
- Scentuition – The ability to intuitively know and understand what and how to blend.
JennScents® Aromaversity Benefits:
- Suitable for everyone – All levels of experience welcome
- Start anytime – Enroll online and access courses immediately
- Study where you want – Complete courses on computer, tablet or smartphone
- Work at your own pace – Take courses whenever it’s convenient
- Hands-on experience – Blending exercises to practice what you’ve learned
- Mentoring – Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents® Aromaversity lead instructor and founder, guides you along the way
How Do I Get Certified?
To earn your Professional Aromatherapy Certification, you must complete all required course work in the program. A score of 85% or higher is required on all of the assignments and quizzes, as well as the final exam. You’ll have 24 months to complete all course requirements.
- Online lessons
- Case studies
- Book report
- Research paper
- Blending assignments with instructor mentoring
- Hands-on blending exercises
- Final exam
Ready to Get Started?
Sign up now and start immediately!
Professional Aromatherapy Certification Package
222 Training Hours
99 LMT CEs and Nursing CEs
Includes All Seven Courses Required for Certification
Individual Courses – Pay-As-You-Go
Introduction to Holistic Aromatherapy Course
30 Training Hours
30 LMT CEs; 30 FL Nursing CEs
Six Additional Courses Are Required to Earn Certification
Paypal Payment Plan options available with 0% for 6 months. Details at Checkout.
Meet Jennifer Pressimone, Lead Instructor and JennScents® Founder
Jennifer Pressimone is one of the world’s leading aromatherapists. She’s a certified aromatherapy educator as well as an herbalist, clinical phyto-aromatherapist, formulator, international educator, guest speaker author and Olfactory Immersion Event Coordinator.
Jennifer’s passion for aromatherapy and education developed from her own experience. After traditional medical treatments for debilitating Crohn’s disease and colitis proved unsuccessful, she needed to find a solution quickly. Through extensive research and insight from medical doctors, holistic doctors, chiropractors and others, Jennifer found her answer in essential oils.
As she learned more about how the body’s systems interact and ways to find the root causes of physical, mental and emotional symptoms, Jennifer developed a new sense of purpose. This led her to open an aromatherapy business, then an herb shop and then a day spa.
Jennifer created JennScents® in 2002. The company provides online aromatherapy certifications, virtual custom blending, natural health products and master essential oil formulations to customers around the world.
Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Diplomate in Spiritual PhytoEssencing. She is a Professional Member, Regional Director and Vice-President for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).